Wednesday, February 23, 2011

blessings

I took this photograph yesterday on my drive back to Edmond from T-town.  A tree is a beautiful thing.  To me it represents the countless blessings God has given me in my life.  Whenever things aren't going as I think they should, I'm reminded of all the great blessings Christ has given me.  This blog is a highlight list of what HE has blessed me with.  


HE gave me my husband, my family, my friends.  HE has always provided, HIS love for me has been unfailing and HE has performed a miracle when bringing my Grandpa back to life when the doctors said he was brain dead.  I have a roof over my head, food in the fridge, the internet to blog, a closet full of clothes, a car for transportation.  I have wonderful people in my life like my husband who demonstrates daily so many admirable qualities that encourage and challenge me to be a better person.  He's hard-working, dedicated, genuine, and funny.  I love that man and can't wait for what our future together holds.  I have my parents who have continuously supported me through the ups and down and who I know I can always count on.  Living in Tulsa for five years after college helped develop my relationship with them on a much deeper level and I appreciate both of them and the role they have served as parents now more than ever.  I have my sister who is an amazing woman.  Incredibly talented, hard-working, smart, goofy, beautiful and so many more awesome traits.  I admire her so much.  I'm also blessed to have an awesome (very soon to be) brother-in-law.  He makes my sister happy and that makes my heart happy!

God has given me such an amazing extended family.  We are fortunate to get together with my mom's side and dad's side each at least twice a year.  Both sides of the family are filled with incredible individuals.  I've also recently been blessed by marriage to get wonderful and supportive in-laws and their families.  I'm looking forward to sharing old and creating new traditions.  

God has also given me amazing friends.  Moving to Edmond, I'm finally closer to my best friends who have been living in OKC while I in Tulsa for the past 5 years.  We're now able to carry on conversation during a long walk, over dinner, or running errands together.  If we've had a bad day, we can now meet up and share our frustrations and challenges over happy hour at Sonic or during a very fast paced walk.  I've also made new friends through my best friends, my husband, and church and I can't wait for lots of memories to be made!


"Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose hope is the Lord. He is like a tree planted beside waters, that stretches out its roots to the stream. It fears not the heat when it comes, its leaves stay green. In the year of  drought it shows no distress, but still bears fruit". 
Jeremiah 17:7-9       


Lindsey


No comments:

Post a Comment