Saturday, December 24, 2011

Tis the Season!

The Christmas season is always hectic and sneaks up on me every year (no matter how much I try to prepare for it), but I love it.  Might I clarify the Christmas season for me begins immediately following Thanksgiving day but not before.  Bob and I have a tradition of putting up the tree and decor while watching a marathon of our favorite Christmas movies.  Our top favorites include Christmas Vacation, The Family Stone, Four Christmases,  Elf, Home Alone and The Santa Claus. 

While I don't love the bitter cold temperatures of winter or waiting for my car to heat up, I do enjoy sitting in my living room with a lit Christmas tree and festive  decor, a fire, good smelling Christmas candles and a cup of hot tea or glass of wine.   My husband and I started dating around this time of year (right before Thanksgiving to be exact) so it brings back fond memories of fun dates, talking on the phone for hours, surprise visits and walking around in the cold looking at Christmas lights.  The season also reminds me of how thankful and blessed I am for the life I have.  I'm grateful for all my wonderful friends and family and the joy they bring to my life.  I can only hope I am enriching and impacting others' lives as they have enriched and impacted mine.  

May you take time this season to count your blessings!  God Bless!







No comments:

Post a Comment