Thursday, December 1, 2011

Sean and Kendra.....Engagement

Meet Sean and Kendra, an adorable couple!   I shot their engagement photos last Sunday, a very bitter and windy afternoon in OKC.  The temperature remained at a bitter 45 degrees all afternoon (pretty sure we were all numb by the end of the session) but at least the wind died down enough for us to capture some great images!  High fives to you two!


I'd like to share Sean and Kendra's proposal story in Kendra's words because it is just too cute.  1.  I love when the proposal location has special meaning to the couple and where they can go back and visit years later.  2.  I love that family (Sean's sister and brother-in-law) were involved in the scheming!  That makes their proposal story all the more meaningful!  So here is their story in the words of the soon-to-be Bride!


Our Proposal:  
We had planned a weekend getaway down to OKC on a weekend we both had off. We had tickets to the OU game that Saturday and met up with Tami and Shannon before we headed to the game. Since the game wasn't until evening and we were already in Norman, we decided to stroll around campus a bit. Sean said that he wanted to show me around, since I had never really seen it all. I agreed and the four of us just walked around until we reached the Spoon Holder. Evidently this is a fairly well-known site at OU but since I didn't go to undergrad there, I had no clue. Anyway, Tami explained the little story behind it, how if you kiss in the Spoon Holder, you're destined to get married. I thought, "aww that's cute", and was ready to keep moving. Then she suggested that we take a picture at it, so we did and as I turned around to grab my purse, Sean was getting down on one knee with a ring in his hand!! It was so cute and one of my favorite memories so far! That was Sept. 24, and now we are in the thick of wedding planning! So excited for June 8 to get here! 

Wedding date set for June 8th, 2012 in Tulsa, Oklahoma.   Congratulations you two!  
Hope you enjoy some of my favorites!





1 comment: